Outdoor lighting can beautify your house and property, make it more welcoming, and improve safety and security. It may also allow you to spend more time enjoying your patio, deck, or garden.
You can use concealed lights to highlight pathways and steps, choose decorative lamp posts to illuminate your driveway, or get motion-activated flood lights to deter prowlers. Lights can even enhance your landscaping by highlighting decorative trees, shrubs, fountains, and other features.
To achieve long-lasting, reliable, and high-quality results, it’s best to call on professionals for your outdoor lighting installation. Moseley Electronics is your outdoor lighting specialist in Richmond, VA. We can explain your options, design a solution to meet your needs, and complete the installation.
WHY INSTALL OUTDOOR LIGHTING?
An effective outdoor lighting installation brings many benefits to your property, your family, and everyone who visits.
✔ Improve Safety
Highlight steps and edges on your porch or deck and illuminate pathways through your garden.
✔ Deter Prowlers
Keep burglars and trespassers out with motion-activated flood lights or timed lighting.
✔ Enhance Home
Make your home more welcoming and add value to your property with attractive, custom lighting.
✔ Use After Dark
Ambient lighting lets you enjoy your deck, terrace, patio, or pool area long after the sun goes down.
OUTDOOR LIGHTING STYLES
Whatever your goals and design ideas, there are many options for outdoor lighting to consider:
Ambient Lighting — Think of this as lighting that covers a wide area like a terrace, deck, or pool. To make your home more welcoming to visitors, you may also consider porch lights, lamp posts along a driveway, and lighting beside a gated entry.
Security and Motion-Sensing Lighting — These are usually high-powered flood lights that shine intense light on an area. When coupled with motion detectors, they are an effective deterrent against break-ins and theft. You may also set a timer so these lights remain on at certain times of the day.
Landscape Lighting — Lighting used to highlight particular features or add visual interest to a garden after dark. Landscape lighting includes spotlights used to accentuate a particular tree or shrub, uplighters that highlight an attractive wall, and driveway lights that illuminate a path towards the front door.
Safety Lighting — As well as adding visual interest, you can improve safety in your outdoor areas with discrete downlights, concealed wall lights, step lighting, and small pathway lights.
CONSIDERATIONS WHEN CHOOSING OUTDOOR LIGHTING
You want your property to look beautiful but weather elements are hard on outdoor electrical fixtures and fittings, so you want to make sure your outdoor lighting installation is safe and durable. Before you get started, here’s what to consider:
- Light fixtures must be waterproof, and cables must be protected against damage.
- Choose products, styles, and brands that will hold up best in your climate.
- For maximum impact, landscape lighting schemes benefit from the eye of a professional designer as well as professional installation.
- Too much lighting can wash out the scene, so you need to find the right balance.
- Decide if you want remote-controlled outdoor lighting, motion-sensing lighting, or outdoor light timers.
An experienced Moseley Electronics expert can recommend the best ways to highlight particular landscape features and create the desired look on your property, plus provide a safe installation.
How to Get Started on Your Outdoor Light Installation
|Send Us Your Details|
Tell us what you have in mind for your home and property and what you want to achieve.
|Get Your Quote|
We’ll offer you a quote with some suggested products and ways to enhance your outdoors.
|Schedule a Day|
Choose a day for your installation then sit back and enjoy the enhanced appearance and safety!
WORK WITH THE OUTDOOR LIGHTING INSTALLATION EXPERTS
Once you start researching outdoor lighting solutions and suppliers, the options can be bewildering. Our outdoor lighting experts are here to listen to what you want and guide you through the options. With help from Moseley Electronics in Richmond, VA, you’ll get a solution that both satisfies and impresses.
“I have used Moseley Electronics for over 10 years. They are absolutely the best in Richmond at what they do for the homeowner consumer. They are extremely qualified, very professional, friendly, and easy to work with from the order process to any after installation issues or questions. I have recommended them to several of our friends and every one of them has had a similar experience.”
– Paul S., Midlothian, VA
Outdoor Lighting Installation FAQ
- Improve safety for your family and guests by highlighting edges, steps, and pathways.
- Improve the appearance of your home and property by highlighting the entrance, driveway, front door, and special landscape features.
- Add value to your property through high quality, durable installation – outdoor lighting costs less than a full landscape renovation.
- Prevent theft and burglary and deter trespassers and intruders.
- Extend the time you can enjoy your outdoor areas like grilling areas, patios, porches, and pools through lighting that illuminates the space after dark.
- Recessed or concealed lights
- Downlights or uplights
- String lights
- Solar powered lights and other solar lights
- Lanterns and other pathway lights
- Step lighting
- Different voltage landscape lights, including 12 volts
- Wire connectors
- Circuit breakers
- Electrical tape
- Bon Air
- Colonial Heights
- Glen Allen
- Short Pump
Outdoor Lighting Resources
How to Control Outdoor Lights With Your Phone
Landscape Lighting vs. Architectural Lighting
Richmonders Have Fallen in Love With Smart Home Lighting
How Much is a Remote Outdoor Lighting System in RVA?