6 of the Most Common Complaints Involving Outdoor Speakers
It’s that time of year when we start to turn our attention towards the outside. The days will soon be getting longer, and people want to spend more time outside with family and friends. One of the best ways to enjoy the sounds of spring and summer is to install outdoor speakers in your yard. Find out about the Best Outdoor Speakers we recommend. Some people might be hesitant to install outdoor speakers, so let’s look at some reasons why.
Some Common Complaints About Outdoor Speakers
1) Rain – The most common complaint regarding outdoor speakers is rain. While the speaker may be weatherproof, one still wonders how much saturation it can take before affecting the quality of the sound. Make sure you have researched the brand of speaker you are looking to install, and find out about the warranties for your weatherproof speaker. You want to make sure it can withstand the test of time, and will perform just as well on year 5 as it did on day one. Most outdoor speakers can be mounted where there is some type of overhang to keep them from being totally exposed to the elements. In addition, many outdoor speakers come with a cover to place overtop of it when it’s not in use.
2) Interference Problems – Outdoor speakers are reaching a much larger area, while also competing with extra noise like cars, lawnmowers and barking dogs. Therefore, you want to make sure they don’t also have to compete with other technical interference noise. It’s important to make sure you are using the correct gauge of wire for your speakers to avoid the sound of static.
3) Ability for Speakers to Blend into the Environment – While some speakers will be mounted to the rafters of your deck or porch, many people prefer to have the sound resonate throughout their yard and outdoor entertaining space. Coastal Source makes speakers that look like rocks to blend in with your landscape; and even ones that look like coconuts that can hang from your trees! Find out the best way to Hide Your Outdoor Speakers and have them blend in with your surroundings.
4) Burying Wires – Digging trenches doesn’t sound like much fun. While some speakers may require that you run cables and wires, there are some good quality speakers that have wireless options. Check out some of the best quality Bluetooth speakers on the market today. To find the best speaker for your area, consider how you will be using the speaker, and the area you want to have it cover.
5) Being Able to Control Speakers Remotely – Many electronics can be controlled with an App these days, and speakers are no exception. By having the control at your fingertips using your smartphone, you can make sure you can control the volume and playlist without leaving your guests.
6) Quality of Sound – You want your speakers to look good AND sound good! The quality of sound is the biggest determining factor when purchasing the speakers. Many customers want to make sure the sound of an outdoor speaker is just as good of quality as an indoor speaker. An outdoor speaker will have different functions since it is weatherproof; however, the sound should not be compromised. When choosing your outdoor speakers, take into account the larger coverage area, and the fact it is sometimes competing with a lot of additional noise.
We Have Sound Solutions!
In looking towards creating the Ultimate Backyard Experience, you want the best quality for your listening experience. Our Experts are ready to help you in deciding which speakers are best for you, the proper placement of them, and installing them for you. Call us at (804) 379-1348 or schedule an appointment online with one of our specialists to start enjoying the sounds of spring and summer with your new outdoor speakers!