Helpful Hints for Wi-Fi
During these uncertain times, we will continue to be a helper in our community. Working from home and homeschooling our children has become the new “normal” for the indefinite future. We want to make sure you know that Moseley Electronics is here to help in whatever way we can.
With so many people at home now, competing for Wi-Fi space, how can you get the most out of your Wi-Fi? Here are a few tips on how to get the best signal to improve coverage and bandwidth:
- Place your router in a common space that would allow all occupants of the house to receive good coverage.
- If your router is downstairs, the best coverage will be downstairs. Therefore, it would be best for those who are using the internet to move towards that location.
- If you are using a router supplied by your internet provider, you may not be firing on all cylinders. Replacing this common stock one for a higher quality router usually gets amazing results.
- WAP’s (Wireless Access Points) are available to help increase the signal throughout your home as needed. Obviously bigger homes require a bigger range, so these might be needed.
- Today there are so many devices connected to the Wi-Fi (laptops, smartphones, gaming systems, doorbells, appliances, etc.) that are competing for bandwidth. This will tend to make your network speed slow down tremendously. Balance each family member’s time using the Wi-Fi. During the day, parents might need it more for office work. As they take a lunch break, kids can sign on to do their schoolwork.
- During the COVID-19 Pandemic, Comcast has offered free internet for those who need it. Find out how to get your home connected.
Click here for more information on how to get your internet up to speed. If you have tried these tips and are still having issues, feel free to contact us at (804) 379-1348 to answer any additional questions you may have regarding Wi-Fi. We are here to help our neighbors in the community.