Pros and Cons of the Sony 4K Projector
Should I buy a Sony 4K Projector or a 4K Television? The short answer is “it depends.” Both options can be a good choice depending on the particular room and how you plan to use your projector or TV.
Many of our clients choose to have a projector installed in their primary home theater and have televisions set up in most of the other rooms. But the decision is up to you! Read on for everything you need to know about Sony 4K Projectors.
PROS OF THE SONY 4K PROJECTOR SYSTEM
Here are a few great reasons to consider a projector system:
- You can get a much bigger viewing area with a projector than you can with a television – one Sony 4K projector has a 300-inch projection capacity, while the largest television is 100 inches.
- The quality of large 4K projectors is remarkably clear, and can’t be duplicated by televisions of that size.
- Projectors can easily be carried and installed by a single technician, while large television screens can be more cumbersome and will need two technicians for installation.
- There’s an element of fun to running the projector in your home theater, almost like being in a real movie theater.
CONS OF THE SONY 4K PROJECTOR
Keep in mind that projectors do have a few downsides:
- With any projector system, you’ll need a receiver and additional sound equipment, which costs extra and is something you don’t need with most television sets.
- You also need a lot more space for a projector screen than a TV, as well as a suitable site to conveniently mount the projector.
- If you have a nice big open living room, especially one with vaulted ceilings, there might not be a place to mount a projector system.
- Most people want their living room to have lots of natural light, which isn’t ideal for projectors.
- You’ll need to be able to control exterior light coming into a room with a projector, whereas televisions don’t have this limitation.
PROJECTORS ARE BEST FOR HOME THEATER ROOMS
If you’ve got a dedicated home theater room, it makes sense to go with a Sony 4K projector for the optimal viewing experience. This way you can maximize the benefits of a projector with a separate receiver and surround sound system and customized home theater lighting. Plus, get the best seats in the house!
Most of the cons associated with projector systems don’t apply if you have a home theater space because the rooms tend to be enclosed. This option means you won’t need to worry about the light from an open floor plan, vaulted ceilings, or large ceiling-to-floor windows, which can all prove challenging with projector systems.
TELEVISIONS ARE BETTER FOR OTHER ROOMS
Most homes probably won’t need more than one home theater room. Families find it much easier to have smaller, standalone television sets in places like the living room, bedrooms, and guest rooms.
Televisions eliminate the need to install custom lighting and sound systems in every single room throughout the house, saving you money and space. Televisions may also be easier to maintain than home theater setups, which often need special protection.
For those rooms where televisions are better than projectors, make sure you invest in 4K TV technology, because this is becoming the norm and older televisions are quickly becoming obsolete.
BE AT THE FOREFRONT OF 4K TECHNOLOGY
You’ll be blown away by the image quality of both 4K Televisions and 4K Projectors if you haven’t already seen how amazing they are. The 4K viewing experience simply means more pixels – about four times the pixels of the old 1080p sets.
And let’s be honest, who doesn’t like having a fun new tech that impresses your guests and leaves them feeling a bit of wonder? It will astound your brain the first time you see these sharper images. Careful, you may just forget you’re watching a movie!
Best of all, you can find 4K content on many of the popular streaming services.
REVIEW OF THE SONY 4K PROJECTOR
Watch this quick video review to see the nuts and bolts of a popular 4K projector.
HOME THEATER INSTALLATION IN RICHMOND, VA
Moseley Electronics is metro Richmond’s premiere SONY dealer. We can offer you home entertainment pricing and warranties that you won’t be able to find at big-box retailers. Plus, we provide professional installation services.
If you’re having trouble deciding what combination of televisions and projectors would work best in your home, contact us and we’ll send out a professional technician to help you find the perfect combination of options for your budget.
Click below to get started thinking about your home theater design and ideas!